I know Craig's List has been around for a while now but for me it is a whole new world! Today we went and picked up some black wicker patio chairs for $10 each. In the stores they are about $80 each. The ones we found have character too....and they are really sturdy. We do need to do some touch ups with the black paint but that's cheap.
Tomorrow we are going to pick up 2 free wooden chairs that we found on there. We also found an Ikea looking chair for free that normally costs $100. It looks brand new and Ikea sells slip covers for it for cheap. Hoping to use that one in the kids' playroom or one of their rooms. Waiting to hear back from them to see if it's still available.
I was bummed when I had my heart set on this wooden kitchen table with wood chairs and a wooden bench for 1/2 the price you'd find it in the stores...or less....and someone else called and put money down right before me! Boo Hoo.
It's rewarding to make the dollar stretch whenever possible. Life is so expensive!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We just made our first Craig's list purchase and saved over half on a new fridge. We were so excited! I do get frustrated though, b/c people don't always update their stuff and leave it on when it's not available. GRR.
Congrats on your new finds! I think I need to have a garage sale already...sheesh, we have to much junk!
Post a Comment