Well, I now have a beautiful kitchen here in my new house......but NO beautiful meals being made. I'm in a cooking rut. One reason is because I have been so overwhelmed with moving and unpacking while dealing with 2 babies and hardly any sleep. Things were a mess around here not only becuase of all the boxes, but we did a ton of painting. I think we painted almost every wall in this house...INCLUDING the ceiling. Ugh! So, our kitchen pantry didn't get unpacked until a couple of days ago. We've been here about a month and a 1/2! I guess I have a few worthy excuses...I went to help mom for a few weeks, then Matthis got really sick and is just now getting over it. I bought a ton of frozen dinners (which I never do) to get us by. Now, I need to start cooking but I have NOOOOO desire. I did force myself to cook pork chops, mashed potatoes, and asparagus a few days ago. FORCED myself. I didn't want everything to go bad and to have wasted money. Sigh. Any help or motivation to get me out of this rut would be appreciated. Even if it's a meal idea.
I had a great Mother's Day. We had Olive Garden....yummy! Merrae and Matt cut me some yellow roses off our new rose bush out front (new to us anyway). They smell so good! I also got a nap, snickers bar, time to shop by myself, hugs and kisses from Merrae, snuggles from Matthis, some new wall hangings from Kirklands, and a massage from my sweet husband. Spoiled. Don't we all LOVE Mother's Day? : )
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel you! Last night we had one of those 15 minute wonders...link sausage, box mac and cheese, and corn. No one complained! Well, just to give you some ideas, I tend to go for the things I can prepare early or here and there all day. Tacos. That is a staple at our house. You can pre-chop everything, then cook the meat and heat the tortillas and voila! An easy meal. The crockpot is lovely. And I love allrecipes.com. I found an awesome and super easy meal there recently called "Chicken Strogonauf" (sp?). Search the name there to find out how to make it. Seriously one of the best-tasting and easiest meals I've ever made. And I love the site. Check any category and sort the results by best reviews and you'll find awesome food. Glad to hear you guys are settling in! I know it's tough. We are hopefully going to do the moving thing soon too!
i 2nd amanda's crockpot idea. do you have a crockpot? if you do, check out this site: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
when i cook, i ALWAYS make enough for many leftovers. sometimes enough to even freeze and save for other days/weeks. and i use the crockpot ALOT!! it's so great. my fave recipe so far on that site...brown sugar chicken...YUM!!
kraftfoods.com has great easy recipes. some of our favorites are from there. if you sign up they send you a free magazine with recipes for the season in it. good stuff. i usually tweak the recipes a little because we likes lots of flavor. but there are some easy one pot type recipes in there i think you would like.
Post a Comment