Saturday, May 30, 2009

1st House Guests

We had our first house guests tonight (other than our previous fruit fly intruders). : )

Poor things....Our friends that is.

Our house is still a wreck from moving. But, I purposely invited them over because I figure it would take forever for us to get things in order before ever having anyone over. So I swallowed my pride. Truth be told...they wanted to get together and I figured it'd be nice to not have to go anywhere, even if they saw our mess.

It pushed us to get a few things done. We bought some patio wicker chairs on Craig's List a few weeks ago and this afternoon we recovered the cushions. Looks pretty cute. Sorry....no pics. Surprise Surprise. I am sad I can't post more pics right now but I'll get that all figured out soon enough. : )

We sold our couch and chair about a month ago so it was a little awkward trying to visit. We sold them because they seemed too bulky. We've been shopping around but haven't quite made up our minds.

Dust was everywhere...
Dishes weren't done...
Dog's paw marks were everywhere (along with her stinkage)
Couldn't walk in the play room...or Matthis' room...
Grass wasn't mowed...
Floor wasn't vacuumed...

I guess I'm still getting over all of that. : )

Buttttt.............
We had good hamburgers on the grill.
Fruit and yogurt parfaits.
We cleaned off our kitchen counter. Major accomplishment.
Watched Merrae and Matthis have fun with another little girl and each other.
Hung a new toilet paper dispenser.
Gave our daughter a bath and put clean pajamas on her.
Told her how much we loved her.
Listened to her sing Jesus Loves Me and Jesus Loves the Little Children.
Taught her the song about Zacheus.
Matthis got his diapers changed and he was fed.
We listened to him babble for the 3rd day (Ja Ja Ja Ja Ba Ba Da Da Da Mua Mua)
I got a shower.
We recovered those chairs, like I said.
We made our friend's night (in their words).
We sat outside and enjoyed the evening and our new friends.
I was able to help a friend today, Matt and the kids got naps.

You can't win 'em all but we hit a few home runs today. : )

No comments: