Well, the Amish bread I blogged about last time turned out alright. Not as good as my new neighbor's but good enough. Merrae likes it so that's all that matters. : )
On another note....I love our front and back porch. We put up our porch swing on the front and the kids love to swing with us. The back porch is so nice and shady in the late afternoon/ evenings. We've been eating dinner out there and it's very relaxing. Matt's mom left a fold-out picnic table we've been using. Merrae and I planted some flowers in a few small pots out there (pink at her request) : ). I got some black wicker chairs off of Craig's list that are nice and cushy as well. The paint is chipped here and there and I did some touch ups this morning on one and a 1/2 of them! I bought a plastic horse shoe set that we've been playing with and Merrae has been playing with her sidewalk chalk. A few weeks back I snagged a little tykes basketball goal off the curb someone was throwing out. Merrae picked out a pink princess ball to use with it and she loves playing with that too!
Ahhhhh. It's so nice to be in a house! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that sounds so awesome. i like your style...snagging things out of the trash. nice.
so, did i miss it? have you already given your virtual tour of your house? if so, direct me to it. if not, get on it girl. we want to see this new house...inside and out...every detail. ;)
have a great weekend!
I *LOVE* bringing home cool finds from someone else's trash! :)
I know! We have been grilling out just about every meal. Before we would have to wheel the grill from the back porch through the apartment and out to the grassy area so many feet away from the building. And now, it stays in one place on our back porch.
I'm glad y'all are enjoying the joys of owning a home. I asked Jules what her favorite part of the house was. She said the little cups in the bathroom.
aka Dixie cups.
aka Left there from the previous owner.
Who knew? all I really needed to get them was a box of Dixie cups not a house.
Post a Comment