Friday, November 14, 2008

Men's Retreat and a Wonderful Mom to Help Out!

Matt's away at the church Men's Retreat and thankfully, my mom came in town to help out with Merrae and Matthis. It's been a fun day.

Matt didn't leave until around 11 or so and he let me sleep in a bit. I've had very vivid dreams during the short amounts of time that I sleep. This morning was one of them and it was horrible. Matthis got hurt. But, when I woke up Matt assured me that Matthis was just fine. : ) Dreams are weird.

Mom got here about an hour after Matt left and I was so happy to see her. I was already worn out from holding Matthis who was wanting to be held constantly.

She held Matthis and he became very content.....ahhhhh......She started a load of laundry....ahhhhh....and had brought food....ahhhhh......Mom's are wonderful aren't they?

We went to my friend Michelle's house who has a little girl Merrae's age and we let them play while mom held Matthis, I cooked dinner, and Michelle packed (she's getting ready to move closer to the church). Michelle's husband is at the men's retreat too. The enchilladas I cooked turned out quite scrumptuous if I do say so myself and we had salad that mom brought. A few days ago I got festive and made a pumpkin pie and we had that for dessert. Yum. It's always nice to get together with friends to take out the monotony in a day.

Now we are back home, Merrae's in bed, Matthis is on my lap sleeping after eating, and mom has continued doing laundry. It is chilly and windy outside. (not my favorite kind of weather...it's always a shock to my system)!

I think I'll have a piece of pumpkin pie!

PS> I tried to post some pics but couldn't get the little card to work right in my computer. : ( I'll get Matt to help when he returns.

No comments: