Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Matt's Birthday Movie Marathon

Matt's birthday was Saturday and he was at the men's retreat. We celebrated with him beforehand by going to the Olive Garden, getting him several long sleeve shirts that he needed, a funny "The Office" card, and a chocolate pie.

Several months back he mentioned that on his birthday what he wanted was to spend the entire day going from movie to movie topped off with cookies from the "Cookie Company" and lunch or dinner from Panda Express.

So, today was the big day for him. His first movie started at about 11:45 and I got a text from him that read, "Ahhhhhh". He was in heaven on earth according to his standards. He ended up seeing 4 movies total, getting double doosie cookies, and a pretzel. He got an Arby's sandwich instead of Panda. : ) He got home at about 9:30 tonight.

Here's the list of movies he saw:

Quantum of Solice (James Bond)
Appaloosa (Western)
Pride and Glory (Good cop bad cop)
The Dark Knight (Batman)

The kids and I survived. We had fun but also some crazy moments where both were crying at the top of their lungs. I had a scare in Wal-Mart when I thought I had lost Merrae...or that someone had taken off with her...but I turned around only to find her way up ahead of me waiting for me. Whew. Thank you Jesus. Scary. Matthis had an episode of acid reflux that wasn't pleasant. But, all in all, God helped me and Merrae to stay pretty calm and patient with things. Matt is SO worth it. He deserves a fun day. He deserves a fun day more than once a year. He is amazing.

No comments: