Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fender Bender

Well, it wasn't really a fender bender but I did hit someone.

Last night I went to a friend's wedding and Matt was home with the kids. I left a bottle out for Matthis.

When I left the apartment everyone was happy.

I was excited to be out and was thinking, "I should do this more often. Matt would love for me to take more time for myself". I enjoyed the wedding, got in line for dinner, brought my mouth watering salmon, potatoes, squash, and salad to my fancy table, and then heard my phone ringing.....

I didn't answer it in time but when I looked at my phone it said I had 8 missed phone calls from Matt.

Uh oh.

I thought someone had been hurt. When I listened to my messages, the first one was of Matthis screaming at the top of his lungs. The second was of Merrae saying, "Come home Momma. Matthis crying. Come home. Jabber, jabber, jabber."

When I was able to reach Matt he said he had tried to give Matthis his bottle but he didn't like it and he was screaming. He said, "You need to come home right now".

I left my plate sadly : ) and literally ran out to the car to drive home. My poor baby. Only problem was, when I parked on the street earlier no one was parked behind me. When I looked behind me before pulling out I didn't see the small black car in the dark.

BAM!!!!! Yep, I backed into someone. I got out, checked the car, and there was a scratch on top of the hood where Matt's jeep bumper hit it. I didn't see any other damage. Hopefully there's none.

I decided I better leave a note on the car and it read, "I hit your car backing out. I didn't see it. Call me if anything needs to be fixed" and left my name and phone number. I didn't know what else to do and was hoping that person wouldn't take advantage of me. All I knew was that I needed to hurry home!

I prayed on the way home for Matthis and Matt and when I got there all was calm. Thank you God. Merrae was waiting at the door for me, Matt was rocking Matthis, and Matthis' eyes were still a bit red from crying.

I fed Matthis and he wasn't even really that hungry. We decided that he was screaming because of reflux. Poor little guy. Poor Matt and Merrae. Did I say poor me? : ) Ha.

When I told Matt about hitting the car he thought I should go back up to the wedding and take pictures just in case someone took advantage of us.

The car wasn't there when I went back up there. I went back in and tried to get more salmon. No luck. I did get a yummy chocolate cake though and got to talk to the bride and throw bird seed. While I was talking to the bride I got a phone call and message from an area code I didn't recognize. When I listened to the message it was a guy from our church telling me that it was his car I hit. Thank goodness it was someone I knew wouldn't take advantage of me!

He left a light hearted message saying he only saw a scratch but that he'd double check in the morning when it was light outside. Hopefully there won't be any more damage. I feel terrible. I'm amazed at the grace he showed me. That can only come from God.

But, this all won't stop me from getting out of the house again! Any of my girlfriends wanna go see a movie? : )

3 comments:

terri said...

I've been reading yours too! So sorry about the fender bender, but SO GLAD you got out of the house by yourself. :)
It was fun chatting with you.
Have a great week!

Unknown said...

I would have probably taken advantage! I know you guys are banking! I would have had a neck brace on and my bank account ready!

Linsi said...

Ooh Ooh.. Pick me pick me! I want to go to a movie :)