Because of God in my life (see my previous post), I now want to share God with others so they can have Him the way I have all these years. Some friends of mine from college are doing an outreach called Freedom Experience all over the U.S. It is awesome. Matt has done some promotional DVD footage for them and while he was working on the first promo I had a chance to watch one of the outreaches. This is part of what I saw....
http://www.freedomexperience.com/ Click on the video
After seeing this I knew it would be an effective way to share God with the youth I had been teaching for 8 years in an elementary school. They were now in middle school and high school and some were graduating. This all happened a year ago and Matt and I have been trying to get things lined up for the outreach to come here. I wanted it to be this past fall but it takes longer to get something of this size put together. We are hoping for this coming fall 08. I am in the process of meeting with people to get a high school gym reserved. Please pray that the reservation would go through and that it would be at the right location. You can also be in prayer that we would be able to raise the funds necessary to bring this outreach to town because it is free to the youth that are coming. One more thing to pray for: That the people who come would understand that they need God/ Jesus Christ, would make the decision to follow Him, and that the churches that are helping would be committed and able to continue to teach these people for years to come.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! Yay!
Post a Comment