Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our Lehya

Our dog Lehya, as you know, is not doing well. She hasn't been for a while now. She's almost 12 years old which is really old for a Great Dane. She can barely walk and falls down when trying to many times. She cannot walk on her right leg for some reason which makes things very difficult. She whimpers from being in pain. She cannot hold her poo and has accidents in our house. Thankfully she can hold her pee otherwise being the size she is, we would have to clean up fluid the size of a pond. She did it once and it happened on the tile. I was so relieved it wasn't on the carpet! She has blood in her urine.

Anyway, we have decided it is best to "put her down" tomorrow morning.

We are so sad. Even as I type this though, she is quietly whimpering.

She has been the best dog for our family. She's so gentle and sweet. Matt got her from his mom shortly after we started "courting"....so she's been my dog all along too in a way.

Never thought I'd ever get attached to a dog in any way. But, I am a little attached.

Boo Hoo

1 comment:

Amelia said...

This makes me so sad for you guys. Thinking of you as you adjust. :(