Ok....so we have an outlet mall across the street from where we live and I try to walk there several times a week since it's so hot outside. Sometimes when I'm there I swing in the Children's Place store because they have incredible deals....99 cent racks, $2.99 racks....and then when you put a coupon with it you end up with better deals than garage sales.
So, needless to say, I like to go there quite frequently and get some deals. : ) This store gets all the sale items from all over Texas and other surrounding states and that's why they can sell them for so cheap and they have a ton of stuff coming in daily.
I have a debate with myself after going there sometimes because I feel like I get carried away sometimes, buying a couple of sizes ahead since it's so cheap and I may not have access to this place when we move. Matt and I feel pretty good about it most of the time but ocassionally we question if some things we get are necessary or good buys.
All this to say, Matt and I had a conversation tonight about some rain boots I got for Merrae to wear during the winter. They were $4.25 and being so cheap, I thought they'd be something she would really enjoy wearing and be great for the rainy colder weather, as well as easy to slip on. Of course she'd have another winter pair of shoes...these would be another option for her.
Matt told me to post and ask you guys if this was a good purchase or not. Those of you that have little kids, do you think this is something she would wear a lot? Do you think it'd be ok for her feet to wear here or there? Or, this a silly purchase? If you haven't caught on.....Matt thinks this is a silly purchase and that the only kids who need rain boots are people like those in Honduras who live in the dirt which turns to mud when it rains! He's got a good point there but we decided to take it to you folks. :)
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I have to say...AWESOME purchase. Little kids LOVE rain boots, even if they live in the desert. She will adore them and have so much fun in them. If you've seen the pictures on my blog lately, you know that Hadley's shoe of choice right now are her Barney boots (that my little brother wore...he's 16 now).
Rain boots are great! Henry loves to wear his and stomp in the mud and puddles. Your precious girl might be more dainty in them, but she will still love them.
Before Matt gets beat up too bad, let me say that I agree completely with his logic and conclusion.
My sister (who is 23) bought herself rain boots just two or three months ago. And I gave her some grief about it. I think it's a guy/girl thing. Guys don't really see the value in boots period (after all, what is there to see? just wear last years' sneakers and throw your socks in the dryer as soon as you get home! It's easy!)
But you ladies like rain boots--just like you like jewelry, flowers, wicker furniture and other things that make no sense to the entire male population--so...
...I think you're allowed to throw the "I'm a woman" flag on this one.
(But I still agree with Matt)
I'm mixed on this one. I would not wear them as an adult, but my kids would love them. I would not want them stomping around in the water just because they had boots on because they'd be splashing people who didn't want to be wet, but they'd love them. It's totally fine to not have them in the rain, but...kids love different types of shoes just for the fun of having choices. Sooo, my opinion is that rain boots are not necessary, but they are fun, and fun is worth the $4 and change you paid for them! I've been known to buy dress-up items at garage sales for the same reason...for fun. My boys love to dress up. They like my black heals and their daddy's big socks the best.
I understand where Matt is coming from, but keep the boots. Isn't snow just really cold rain????? So they can be useful year round. I want some to work in the garden...BUT it also comes down to what was the ORIGINAL price?
great bargain great buy. kids love boots especailly rain boots that they can splash in the puddles w/ and not get in trouble for getting their socks wet and their shoes dirty!!
Mer, I got my sandals (actually flip flops) at Old Navy. There were $5 just like the other ones, but these are their new style. I like them cuz' they're more feminine, but still flip flops. I love flip flops or athletic shoes for every thing I do. :)
Josh and Grant both had rainboots when they were smaller and did not understand the concept of stay out of the water (when they were not suppose to play). Even though they were bought for fun they came in handy on many different occassions. I loved them because they were easy to slip on and off. I didn't have to deal with ruined shoes due to the smell shoes get after they get wet, and the mess of mud. They just slipped them off outside the door and they could be rinsed off with the waterhose later. Also, even though it doesn't snow very often in Texas, the slush from the snow was not tracked into my house. The only difference I think I paid $15 a piece for my kids rainboots. So I would say with the time that you will save cleaning up a muddy mess and the price you paid you got a great deal.
Post a Comment