Hola. That's all I could come up with for a title : ) ....not sure what I'm going to blog about today but it's been awhile so I figured it was time to blog something.
Great day at church today....our pastor talked about the woman at the well and how we cannot judge others because we all sin. Matt made a short film that was a modern day woman at the well. It made many cry. We worshipped God, watched the short film, our pastor spoke about sin and then he had us all get on our knees and repent of any sin going on in our lives. It was so good and needed for us all. Then we celebrated by worshipping again, knowing we were free from that sin (because that's why Jesus died for us, He wanted to set us free once and for all from the awefulness of sin and being separated from Him for an eternity, but He also wants to set us free on a daily basis and make a new way of living for us...a good way of living).
Our pastor talked about how we need to call sin what it is....for example, the woman at the well's sin was adultery, NOT an affair. Sometimes we sugar coat what each sin is instead of remembering that God calls certain things a sin. We cannot make excuses or leave room for thinking that our sin is no big deal. God is our protector and he wants us to call sin what it is, turn away from it, follow His lead, and be set free from it. Just like the Bible says, sin entangles us. Sometimes we think it's no big deal and we're focused on receiving grace when we are sinning, but in reality it is entangling us. It affects other people too, not just ourselves.
I don't want to be entangled by any sin in my life. I'm glad I had a chance to take a look at my life and repent of sin, and follow God, my creator, my loving master, who knows what's best for my life. I encourage you to do the same. Is there anything you need to repent of?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Meredith,
I, too, loved the sermon on Sunday. I found it very inspirational and moving, and the video was wonderful. Your blog is great!
Stephanie
Pray that we find a church soon....all I did was cry when I was there for the women's retreat.
Post a Comment