Monday, May 12, 2008

It's a BOY!!!!!!

Yep, it's a BOY! The sonogram went well. They said everything looked good. Thank you Jesus. We had the sonographer put the sex of the baby on 3 sheets of paper. One was put in my Mother's Day card, the other two were put in my mom and Matt's mom's Mother's Day cards.

We opened the card yesterday around lunchtime and videoed of course. We had a hunch from the very beginning that it was a boy but you can never assume. Only God knows those things. It was so fun opening that envelope. Matt was so funny and made it even more exciting. He was being silly, holding it in his hand (it was all folded up) and he kept saying, "Are you ready?! Are you ready?! Here we go!" We had to look real close at the writing once we opened it because the sonographer wrote it really small and in cursive.

We are very excited to have the opportunity to raise a boy. It will be a new adventure for us. I felt like God was preparing me all along for the possibility of having a boy because everywhere I went I would see baby boys, little boys, teenage boys....or I would see a toddler girl with a baby boy brother.

Merrae has been around a lot of boys. Our neighbor we had for a while was a boy, she has 3 boy cousins she plays with, and she enjoys playing with the boys in her daycare class at church. I think she's really going to enjoy a little brother.

Girls and boys each have their own unique traits that they bring to a family and life. We are thankful to have both and look forward to seeing what God has planned for each of them!

20 weeks along (1/2 way there)....due September 25, 2008. Still deciding on another "M" name. : ) Pictures coming soon hopefully....

7 comments:

Steph said...

awesome! so cool. we would have been just as excited if it was another "merrae" but now you get the joy of having a "tough little man"! they are fun.

congratulations and i'm so glad that everything looks healthy!!

Anonymous said...

yay! a boy!!

that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!

-courtney

Scott and Lyndsay Crews said...

Yaaaaay!! Yay for Mscott! What a well named little boy he will be!!

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

So exciting. You are now complete! Hope to talk with you soon.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I finally found your blog through Michawn's and find out your are having a baby boy! Boys have a special place in their hearts for their moms, I think. From a mom of two boys, the only advice I have right now is to cover that thing up when you change his diaper! I've loved changing my daughter's diaper because she doesn't pee on me! Praise God for blessing you and Matt with a little man!

Purple Teacup said...

Congratulations! I love my boys.

Lani said...

congratulations! That is soooo awesome! :)