Monday, May 19, 2008

Boy "M" Names

We went down to Matt's parent's place this weekend for our niece's graduation. It was fun to get away. They live out on some land and it's so relaxing out there. Big porches to sit on and look out over a big pond and pretty trees all around. As you enter the property you drive up a long dirt path and see cows all around. You also see a chicken pen. It was funny, as my sister in law pulled up with her two boys, she thought the new scare crow in the chicken pen was Matt's dad and honked to say hello. We had a graduation party out there with tons of family yesterday. We cooked out and had burgers and hot dogs along with a couple of different bean dishes Matt's mom made. Yummy. My mom got to come out and enjoy the day with us as well. It was relaxing and Merrae always has a blast when we go down there.

Anyway, while we were driving down there and back we went through our boy "M" names and narrowed them down while we were sitting for 4 hours both ways. Here's what we've narrowed it down to....but it could change....Any new names are welcome....

Matthew (after Matt of course)
Maxwell (he'd go by Max)
Maverick
Malachi

It will be fun to see what we finally decide on.

One of these days I'll post some pictures but I didn't want to wait until I had my pictures down sized to post because then I'd never post!

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hey, congrats on having a boy! What a change that will be from the life of mothering and fathering a little girl!

We'll have to meet up soon for a play date. Mia will be out of pre-school in two weeks so I have to keep her not-bored all summer....kind of scary!

I got your comment and it looks like you left the "i" out of Swinney on my link so that's why it isn't working. It should be spyingontheswinneys.blogspot.com

I'll be keeping up with you guys and your soon to be new little addition. How exciting!

Purple Teacup said...

I like Maverick. Thanks for your sweet message....

Anonymous said...

I like your ideas for boy names. I had already thought of Malachi for y'all. Here are some more ideas. Take them or leave them. Micah, Mark (then you would have two disciples in the house), Marshall, Macarthur or Michael (which you may have already ruled out) I have like Micah for awhile but can't convince Brian about it yet. Glad things are going well. Take Care.