Thursday Sept 24th
Cambodia Trip | Day One
(This is Matt's journaling of his 10 day mission trip to Cambodia with some people from our church and the International Justice Mission group).
What a week! Didn't think I was gonna be going on the trip. For the last week I have been wrestling with a bad sinus infection. Doc said right ear is looking ugly, not in the best condition for flying...too much liquid in there. Got a steroid shot, and lots of meds.
This morning we woke up at 6am to Merrae telling us she vomited in her bed, not a second later Meredith dashed for the toilet too. The morning wrapped up with Merrae vomiting 4 times, Meredith a couple plus....and Matthis twice. Me, clear and free, until we took the kids to the doctor, where she told me mine is coming. Thanks for that Doc.
6:30pm- So here I am sitting in the airport. Leg 1 of 3. We fly from Dallas to LAX to Taiwan and finally to Cambodia. Roughly 20 hours in flight. I have lots of reading and watching to do. And if I really want some excitement, I got some Hydrocodone for the lower back pain.
Overall, I am feeling a bit better. I do however feel sorry for whomever sits near me. I have gotten lots of tricks to avoid the painful ear pain. But I feel worse about leaving Mer and the kids in their condition. She told me to go. That was what I was waiting for. She is a trooper, always has been. Especially to be married to me! Love ya, Merry Poopins.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment