So we arrived in Phnom Penh. We went to all the tourist stops. Got a good vibe of the city and it's people. Really nice friendly people. Scouters are everywhere. Like most other countries, there are no "real" traffic laws. You pretty much just go wherever you want, not matter how you get there. I actually saw a family of five on a small scouter. There was a mom and dad, with a teenage child, and two smaller kids. I found myself getting really mad about see a couple of teenage kids cruising around carrying a 2 or 3 years baby. It is ridicules how dangerous it is. They say there are really bad accidents every now and then. None so far.
We had lunch at an American type cafe. Then did some shopping here and there. Most places that we went where Christian owned, and most of the people working in them were younger boys and girls who have been through hard times, or are living in poverty.
Tonight we met with the group that we are partnering with. We went to eat at a local restaurant. Needless to say, I did not eat. I watched as most ate squid, and spiders. Well not just any spiders, Tarantula's!!! No thanks.
About 8:00pm, I was done. I was so tired, I just wanted to go back to the room and crash. So here I am. Finally in bed, 9:00pm.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment