Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oranges, Crackers, and Peanut Butter

That's all I wanted a few weeks back due to my pregnancy. It's so funny how you don't want any of the normal favorite foods you eat in the early stages of being pregnant....or atleast I don't. I never like oranges or crackers normally either.

The morning sickness started when I was 6 weeks along and lasted until 8 weeks. I believe it stopped because Matt prayed for it to stop. Funny thing is, I hadn't even thought to pray for it to stop. I knew it was all part of pregnancy. With Merrae, I started getting sick at 8 weeks and it lasted until 12 weeks. So, this answer to prayer is a relief!

I still get severely hungry if I haven't eaten in a while. It's not your normal hunger, it's intense. I don't want the oranges and crackers quite so much now that the sickness has stopped, but I also don't want all the other normal things I like, like my blessed guacamole and salty chips. I usually don't crave sweets and I know they say that pregnancy doesn't cause you to crave junk, but for me, IT DOES. I have to really fight it. It's by God's grace that I haven't given in to my desire for a peanut filled chocolate bar or a milkshake. I never want milkshakes. Funny. I did however give in to Matt's homemade chocolate chip cookies he likes to make.

I am 10 weeks today I believe. It's hard to keep up with that sometimes because it's confusing to me how the doctors calculate everything. My next appointment is a week from today. Not sure if they'll be able to let me hear the heartbeat or not. At the last appointment 3 weeks ago (1st appointment), we got to get a sonogram and saw the baby, the heartbeat, and yoke sac. The baby was in the right place and everything looked good. Thank you God. We were prepared for whatever and still are because due to living in this imperfect world, you never know what can happen. But, we always pray for the best. We are always thankful for the blessings.

This baby is a huge blessing! We waited to start trying until Merrae would be 2 when the baby is born (at the youngest). Knowing that it sometimes takes a while to get pregnant, we wanted to get started. We were also told by our doctor several years back that it would probably take us a long time to get pregnant due to my irregular cylces. I've had a problem with that for a long time. Well, God allowed us to get pregnant right away with Merrae and now again, he has answered our prayers to get pregnant right away with this precious baby.

We were prepared to wait knowing that God's timing is perfect even if it means we have to wait. But, we were so excited for it to happen this soon, and feel blessed. We married later in life and I would like one or two more after this one and so, if that's God's plan, I think it's better to get going before our bodies get older and there are more risks. I know God can overcome age too, but I think it's wise to not delay considering statistics. Anyway, we'll see if it's God's plan for us to have more after this or even if this pregnancy is to continue (I'm not being negative or fearful...just don't want to assume). But, right now it's our desire to have more after this. I love big families. I think they are so much fun.....having all those people around. We are so thankful and excited that this baby is here!

Right now we are trying to deal with all those new hormones raging that fill your body with pregnancy. I've been told it's like having PMS long term. I haven't done a whole lot of research on it but it has been true for me especially the last several weeks. I have irrational feelings and feel filled with rage. Other times I cry very easily. Poor Matt. I'm trying to remember that's going on and try to use self-control.... I feel like it's getting better. Hopefully it is. Other than that, I am a bit drained feeling and I get tired easily on some days that we go walking. It was funny, the other day when we were walking, I could barely push the stroller and was going SOO slow. During these early stages of pregnancy that seems so weird because you can still wear all of your normal clothes and aren't carrying a large amount of extra weight. I know that my body is working hard though. It's all such a miracle....a baby being formed inside you.

4 comments:

Steph said...

sweet "story" i know that's not exactly what you call it but ya know what i mean! i was blessed to not go through the hormonal stuff 'till after the baby came and thank the Lord that was just w/ Matt.

guacamole hmmmm! i make it w/ just avacados and salt...not too much salt just enought to bring out the flavor of the avacado! i can eat a whole bowl of eat. then i don't want any for a long time:) i remember you eating yoguart (sp?) and crackers in the cafeteria when there wasn't anything else to eat. you would say you wanted something crunchy w/ it:)
will be praying for you, matt, merrae, and the new one:)

Purple Teacup said...

Too bad Clay can't make you his guacamole....

Anonymous said...

I totally craved junk with my pregnancies. I couldn't get enough sour skittles with my oldest. Now I can't stand them. It's funny though because my oldest really likes sour candy.

AUNY said...

I'm so excited that you are having another baby! I've been so busy that I just began catching up on others' blogs. That's great! That Valentine's video was so sweet.