Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm going on a cruise with my sister!!!!


I'm going on a cruise at the end of March!! Whoo Hoo! All the planning started when we had an airline ticket voucher we didn't use last year. Merrae had gotten sick when we were planning to fly to Seattle to attend my Dad's wedding, so we weren't able to go. We had to use the ticket by this April. I had been talking to my sister in Seattle and missing her as she was going through a hard time. When I asked her when I should come visit her she said she wanted me to over her spring break which is the first week in April. So, we made plans to visit. As we started calculating the cost of how much it was going to cost for us to go up there as a family and renting a car and all, it seemed cheaper to just fly Rebecca down here and do something special. I had been hearing about all of my friend's cruises and they started sounding really fun. I started hoping Rebecca and I could go on a cruise, just the two of us. She loves the heat of Texas in the summer and I knew it wouldn't be that warm the first week in April so I was trying to find a way to get her someplace warm. Then I found a cruise going to Mexico that was a good price.

My Dad and step-mom said they would like to pay for Rebecca's cruise ticket because they felt like it was important for us to spend this time together. That was a huge blessing financially. We wouldn't be able to go otherwise probably. We are saving for a house and were trying to do something cheaper than we'd be doing by going to Seattle. When I mentioned the idea to Rebecca she was so excited. So, we are going!!!!!!

I splurged a little to get us a room with a nice big window. The ship isn't the top of the line ship but it'll be fun for a first time short cruise. I cannot wait!

Matt is going to watch Merrae and stay with his parents for a few days, then we'll meet up with my family after the cruise is over. I am really looking forward to some sister time. I'd love to do this with Matt in the future as well, but right now is the time for me and my sister to have some fun together.

Thank you God for providing a way!

3 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

You guys are going to have a BLAST!! I went on a cruise with my sister last November and it rocked!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Steph said...

that is a really good idea. it's got my wheels to turning. hmmm!

i hope yall have TONS of FUN!

she is georgeous by the way...you better not let her out of your site on that ship! and she better not let you out of her sight either!!

Purple Teacup said...

You are going to love it. Cruises are AWESOME.