Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Cookie Nightmare

I made Chocolate Mint cookies tonight. They are kind of like sugar cookies where you roll out the dough and use cookie cutters and then frost them. They tasted delicious but I HATED the process. I don't have the patience for that kind of thing I don't think. I thought I would enjoy it and make it a tradition to make them for Christmas every year. But, I don't think so!!! Part of the problem could have been that Merrae was especially needy today and so it took a lot longer to get started and as I was mixing the ingredients she was crying for me to pick her up because she needed her mama! Then, I was wearing long sleeves and my hair was down so I got really hot standing next to the hot oven. My feet were killing me by the time I was done due to standing so long. The clean up took forever too. I had to make them for my church lifegroup in the morning. We are having a cookie swap. Next year, if I do this : ) , I will do a recipe that is less involved!!!!

3 comments:

Michawn said...

WOOHOO!! So excited to be able to keep in touch with you. Can't wait to see all the new pictures too. Don't you just love this blog thing? Love y'all. Congratulations on God's job promotion. That's awesome. Awesome about such a giving church too...we really enjoyed your church that day we were able to visit.

Anyway, so glad you are here. Tell Matt hi and give little Merrae a kiss for us.

Steph said...

double woohoo. i so totally stole that word from michawn! i'm so excited that you have a blog! i've been checking back and forthe since last week and now here we are:)

have a spendicious day!
stephers!

by the way ryder is sick today so i'm home w/ him. he's literally sitting on the lap top 'cause he wants me to "hold me mamma!"

Steph said...

ok, i want more pictures, more blog posts....i check this daily! come on girl. you know your sitting around eating bon bons and watching "i love lucy" reruns:)

stephers