Monday, February 9, 2009

Found Our House

Well, that house I told you about in the last post didn't work out. It had major foundation issues. We found a different house a couple days later. The foundation is great and it is move-in ready. The previous owners built the house in 2003 and have taken excellent care of it.

We close on March 2 unless they need more time to close on their new house. That's only 3 weeks away! I've been a crazy packing lady....there's my word again....crazy. : )

We had to move a little further out than we had hoped. In the DFW area you can get more for your money that way. We prayed about it and know God has plans for us there. We are thankful for the house He has led us to and excited about moving near tons of friends/family from church. The house is right on the edge of Keller and Fort Worth and is close to the highway. That is a must living in a big city I have found. : )

I'll post pictures when I have access to Matt's computer where we dump all our digital pics.

House hunting/ closing stuff has taken most of our "free" time, yeah, right, "free" tme. We don't have much of that these days with a 4 month old! : ) We are starting to see the light at the end of the newborn baby tunnel, getting more rest...and getting more of a hang on things. Our bodies are tired from holding one or the other kid and lifting Merrae on and off the potty 50 million times a day to potty train! Miss blogging more with you guys. Don't know how long it's been since I read your blogs! I've just been trying to survive lately. Speaking of, better go get in bed before Matthis wakes up hungry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! Congrats on the house! By the way, we live on the edge of Fort Worth and Keller....where exactly is it?

terri said...

YAY!!!!! That's so exciting!!! I hope all goes well with the whole moving process! :)

Connie said...

Can't wait to see it! We began the house hunting this week. I can tell already that it will be an emotional roller coaster. I found a house that was virtually hand built for us and a contract was put on it two days before :( God knows best, right!

I met some girls from you church two weeks ago...Jourdan, Sarah, a faculty member (lady with two kids), and then maybe a couple more who I can't remember their names. They all sang really pretty so maybe they were on the praise team.

Anywhoo...small world.

Hope closing goes well and I will be waiting for my "nesting" to kick in when we are waiting to close on our house. Yay for moving out of apartments!

Steph said...

sweet! house hunting is major stressful but soooo worth it. hope you have help packing and dealing w/ two little ones!

can't wait to see pictures:)

Cristel said...

Oh my friend....I'm sorry it's been such a roller coaster for you guys! I haven't seen you in forever. Let me know if I can do something to help during the closing/moving thing. I know Eva would love to play with Merrae and I'm sure I could be convinced to play with a baby for a while. I know we're not exactly close to the new house....but anyway...just sayin. Hugs.